Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lots of Studying

This is how exciting our lives look right now. I know I haven't posted forever but way too much of our time has been spent sitting at this table studying side by side. Not very glamorous! I have my second board exam next week and Nick is trying to get a lot of homework done before he leaves for Europe on Saturday. Sad, I know, I am going to be an architecture widow again. But I'm excited for Nick to see an amazing part of the world that I love! Things have been kind of crazy trying to apply for Residency and schedule interviews. That and trying to fit every outdoor activity we can think of in before it snows: road biking, tennis, golf, soft ball, long walks, and sitting by the pool, it's been so fun in spite of the many hours we have been studying! I can't believe how time flies. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful companion to share this sweet journey with. It's so fun to know he is right next to me every step of the way! And I'm amazed by how long he can sit in one chair and stare at the computer screen without getting up!

5 comments:

Therese said...

hi nick & leila

my sister janelle put me on to your blog. i used to live next door to nick, and i didn't realize you're related to kolony, whom i just adore. (i first met her when we were in h.s., then we later connected again when we both lived in salt lake during the late 90s.)i'm writing b/c i live in london now with my family. when i read that nick will be in europe next week, if he's going to be in london, i'd love to have him over to our house for dinner. you can reach me on my email address theresegrinceri@gmail.com or my mobile +44 20 75189 74415.

warmest regards
therese anderson grinceri

BreAna said...

wow you two are amazing. I hope you don't get to lonely while he is gone, if you do you are always welcome my way. Good luck with all your studies.

Stacie said...

Hi Leila I have been meaning to write you sooner. Rick and I LOVE your parents they are so dang nice. It's fun to live in this neighborhood we love it. The house is a bit of a project but it's kind of a fun project. Your mom tells me that you guys are very busy, sounds like it with all that studying. Rick will be graduating in the spring so we are super excited about that. It's good to see you and nick are doing well. You are such a cute couple. When you are at your parents house feel free to stop by if you want.

Mauri said...

oooh...good luck with step 2! rick takes his next month. he finishes up his Aways next week! yippee! good luck with interviews, etc...it will be fun to see where y'all end up! any chance you will be interviewing in texas?

ToddandTrisha said...

Hey Leila! It's good to hear from you. I run into your mom at the gym a lot and she is always letting me know how you and Nick are doing. It's great to hear that you are both very committed to school. Hang in there!! I have to say the best thing in the entire world is to be a father. Thanks for your comments.