Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nick's Birthday





Nick is finally home from Bluff, for good. It's been so nice to have him home. For his birthday our families decided to surprise him. With a made-up story about some primary activity we went to a park to drop off some food. Once at the park I tried to get him out of the car to help me unload but he didn't want to. I couldn't figure out why but then I realized he still had his mullet and he didn't want our whole ward to see it. I finally convinced him and he was completely surprised to see our families hiding under a picnic bench. His mullet was hilarious! I, as always, decided to go overboard and make a 15 layer cake. What I was thinking I don't know but it actually tasted good (didn't look so good but taste is all that matters, right?). All in all, it was a fun birthday. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who puts up with my crazy ideas and supports me 100%. I don't know what I would do without him! Happy Birthday sweetheart!

1 comment:

Katie and Co. said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who tries to make fancy cakes and go overboard with parties! I hate to admit it, but I'm a Martha Stewart wannabe (or a less crazy version).