Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Hospital












I know I'm way behind so I'm going to work on getting caught up. We've had such a wonderful month, wow! So much has happened. It all started when our sweet boy came. He has been so much fun! I was working up at Primary Children's Hospital and life was crazy! I was on call the day I went into labor. I had special permission to go to a doctors appointment that day and Nick was able to come with me (which school didn't usually allow). Everything went great at the doctors appointment and we were walking out when I knew something had changed. I went straight to the bathroom and knew my water had just broke. Nick suggested that we go back into the doctors office and made sure. It had and we then went straight to the hospital. The day before I had randomly cleaned and organized our entire house and packed all of our bags. It's almost like my body knew even though I was hoping I would go over my due date. Everything went fine. I had been dilated for a few weeks to a 3 1/2 and thought I would progress quickly but for some reason I didn't. Even with pitocin turned way up I only made it to a 5. I was nervous because I knew that if things didn't change quickly I was going to have to get a C-section. My doctor had even decided the same thing and was going to give me another half hour and then come in for a C-section. Luckily I progressed to a 9 in that half hour and everything went smooth from there. Our little boy arrived early in the morning on the 9th and we feel so blessed things went okay. I knew I would love him and I had loved 9 months of feeling him move but holding him and seeing him made me realize words can't express how much I would love him!

2 comments:

Nells-Bells said...

i am so so glad everything went well!! he is beautiful. so exciting!!

The Wood Family said...

Wow! Crazy story! I'm glad everything went okay! You are a beautiful mommy!!