Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Crepes

So I love cooking (if I have time) and I have a ton of recipes that I love but I thought I'd share some comfort food. Nick and I eat these all the time because they are easy, made from ingredients you usually have and you can put a million different things in them. I actually got this recipe from one of my friends who served a mission in France (thanks Tim) so I'm thinking it's pretty authentic. I actually think they taste a lot like the crepes we used to get from the street vendors in Paris. Here's the recipe:
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
3 T melted butter
1/2 t salt
1 1/4 cups flour
Just whisk everything together. Make sure the frying pan is already warm. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and pour into pan and move pan around to spread as thin as possible. Cook on both sides. Ideas for serving: powder sugar and fruit (all berries are great, peaches are awesome), nutella (which is incredible) and even ham and cheese. Roll or fold and serve warm. This makes 8-12 depending on the size and thickness you make them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leila, they sound delightful! I hope lack of time is the reason I have a hard time cooking. Alli

Kadee said...

They do sound delicious, I think I'll try them this morning! You asked what I've been up to and if you go here (http://birminghambrowns.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html) I think that will fill you in. What have you been up to?

Nells-Bells said...

Thanks for this! I love crepes too but have never had a recipe for them.

Brett & Dyana Valdez said...

Leila, so I was just looking through old comments and just realized you commented on ours almost two months ago. Man, we have been slacking with our blog for the past month. It was fun to see your blog. Looks like things are going well.

Brett

Kara said...

Hi Leila! Yum - I love comfort food :)... especially carbs! (Bread, crepes, tortillas) Yum! I will definitely have to try this recipe!It's so good to hear from you - and yes we still live in Bountiful... and we're planning on building a house in North Foxboro this summer... is that close to you? Maybe we'll have to have a "crepe party" or something! Keep in touch!

Kara said...

P.S. Way to go on med school! Good for you! Looking back, that makes perfect sense... you were Sterling Scholar in Science, right? Ha! I just barely quit my job up at the U of U... I worked there as an academic advisor for 3 years supporting my husband through law school (one of the U's employee benefits is 50% off tuition for spouses). It's funny we haven't ran into each other yet, small world! Take care & say hi to Nick for me!

Krista said...

Yummm! I remember our trip to Paris when we were what, 14 years old?! I can still taste the crepes wrapped with nutella... Doug will make these for me but I swear it tasted better when it was from the streets of Paris!

Unknown said...

Hi Leila, I'm Zianny, a friend of your parents, I'm actually their neighbours. I'm going to test this recipe rightaway. I'll tell you afterwards the result, OK?
Tomorrow is the big day isn't it? After all, I'll take Roxana and Bruce to the airport tomorrow. Bye!