Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finally!

My class in Moab learning Wilderness Medicine



Petroglyphs and ruins



The house Nick is living in now (their class designed it last year, aka "man"tainer)


Monument Valley

The house Nick helped design and build (not quite finished)


I finally was able to see what Nick has been up to. My Wilderness Medicine course had some classes down in Moab so I made the trek down there. I then headed down to see Nick in Bluff. It was cool to see where he has been living and what they have been doing. They weren't kidding about being in the middle of no where. Nick and I went on some hikes and saw some awesome Indian ruins and petroglyphs. We also went to Monument Valley and finally I was able see the house Nick is building. You can't see the cool details in the pics but that's what makes it so cool. They have used mainly free or recycled materials. I'm so impressed with the house they have been building, it's incredible!

2 comments:

brucelovesroxana said...

What an incredible undertaking for both of you in each of your respective careers. I am amazed at the unbelievable challenges Nick has had to endure in order to design and build this home for a needy Native American family. You are a great example of how to serve others. In the process you are also learning much that can not be learned in books or in the classroom. Kudos to you. And your sweet companion--Leila, what a comprehensive education she is getting. I can't believe how fast time has gone by and how in a few more weeks she will be an M.D. You are to be commended for all your commitment. Congratulations to both of you! Roxana

Kara said...

Wow, he is LIVING down there??? For how long? Is there a grocery store nearby?! Wow, what an incredible undertaking! Leila, feel free to stop by and hang out sometime if your house gets too lonely with Nick gone!