Thursday, April 16, 2009

The next Monet? I think not.





Book club was at my house last night so I thought I should do a fun dessert. Nick doesn't really eat much dessert so I never make it unless I intend to eat an entire pan of brownies by myself (which I occasionally wish to do). My friend Tori had this awesome book of cupcakes so I thought maybe I would take inspiration from that and make some amazing cupcakes. I was drawn to the ones that looked like Monet's painting "Starry Night". I love Monet. So I attempted this painting with frosting on a bunch of cupcakes. Now let me first say that Nick is the artistic one in the family. He can paint, draw, and everything else but I cannot. When we were dating he drew a picture of me with pen and marker which, from afar, looked like a photograph (he will be embarrassed but I thought I would add it to the post and a painting he did). We have paintings that he has painted that are amazing. I, on the other hand, try but really don't get the depth idea. What made me think I could pull off artistic cupcakes is beyond me. They turned out better than I thought but that was only because I used way too much frosting! They were much cuter in the book. Maybe Nick will be the next Monet.

6 comments:

Victoria Wilding said...

They turned out amazing! Kev saw them and was like, "She made that!?! No way." It looks so good. I'm super impressed. Plus Nick's artwork is amazing as always.

Karlee said...

Wow, I am super impressed, those cupcakes look amazing-I had to do a double take. I am calling you the next time I am decorating a birthday cake. I kept forgetting to ask you, what book did you end up choosing for book club?

BreAna said...

wow I think you are both pretty artistic. Nick picture of you is great. I had no idea he was that talented.

Bre said...

I think that you both are SUPER talented!! It was great to see you the other day at the gym

Karly & Danny said...

Those cupcakes are amazing! I thought it was a picture until I clicked on in looked at it bigger. You are very talented!

Nells-Bells said...

wow. these are amazing!!