Saturday, February 21, 2009

V-day

Not the best pic cause I started talking but I think Nick looks great!


The amazing view from our room! I love, love, love Valentine's Day. I'm totally a sucker for romance, love, flowers, chocolate, you name it I love it. Luckily Nick made it home just in time to celebrate with me. We stayed at the Grand America. Everybody kept making fun of me for staying in a hotel in the city I live but I have to say it's amazing. It's like a miny vacation and you don't have to travel far. You have a great room, you don't have to clean, you can eat in bed, free bathrobes, sleep in, use free soap and tissue, go to the spa and the pool and you've got like a million pillows and towels. What could be better? We had so much fun! And the prime rib buffet was amazing (I highly recommend it). Plus they had about 30 different chocolate desserts. Much to Nick's embarassment I tried almost all of them. I'm so grateful he was home to spend one of my favorite holidays together! Love you sweetie!

8 comments:

Kasey Sanders said...

How fun! I love going to hotels. Even if you are in the same city, you feel like you are not!

Mindy said...

I think it's a cute idea to stay in a hotel in the same city to celebrate something! It makes the day special and different!! You look gorgeous, as always! I'm glad the hubby made it back in time! :)

BreAna said...

I do that all the time. I love going and getting a hotel no matter where it is. You look so beautiful.

Nells-Bells said...

staying in a hotel is always great because, like you said, you can be a lazy slob and it totally doesn't matter. looks like you had so much fun!

Krista said...

So good to see you the other day! I had a chance to talk to your mom too. Love you guys. I totally have to agree with you about the Grande America. That is my favorite place to stay!

Blog said...

That's a great idea! It would take a lifetime to get to all of them in Vegas. Sad to hear Nick is gone all semester, hopefully it will go quick! I guess that gives you plenty of uninterupted study/work time. Teaching while Jeremy was in Law School was perfect. We were both too busy to miss eachother.

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! How are you? Do you know of any good spas in salt lake? We are getting married and I want to get a massage ect on my wedding day. How is life for the both of you?

Lyssa said...

Good luck with the upcoming match! Hope you guys are doing well.